IMPORTANT UPDATE (7/20/2018) – Due to an outbreak of canine influenza in Michigan (not at Lucky Dog) we will NOT be accepting any new adult dogs or puppies, for boarding, daycare or temperament tests unless they have completed the series of 2 flu vaccines. We have required the flu vaccine since June of 2015 and will continue to update our requirements as needed.
What wouldn’t we do for your best friend?
A stay at Lucky Dog Luxury Boarding is like checking into a fancy, all-inclusive hotel.
At Lucky Dog we provide all our guests with spacious, luxurious suites. Pets play all day and are only in their own room at night for eating and sleeping. Rooms for dogs range in size from 5×4 all the way up to 5×15. Our accommodations include comfortable, off the floor, easy on canine joints, Kuranda bedding, bowls, treats, blankets for snuggling and lots of TLC. At night, all pampered pets enjoy the sounds of classical, calming music, specifically arranged for dogs and clinically proven to sooth and reduce anxiety. All rooms are the same price and include daycare. All our services are provided for every pet at the same cost. We do not have any a’ la cart services. There are no additional fees for special treatments. All our guests receive the same amount of quality, loving care by our experienced staff.
Please note the following requirements for adult dogs
- All dogs older than 7 months must be spayed or neutered
- All vaccinations must be current – age appropriate including:
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)-Required EVERY 6 months
- Negative Stool Test-Required EVERY 6 months
- Leptospirosis-Required yearly
- K9 Influenza-Required yearly (This is a separate flu vaccination and not included in the DHPP)
- Rabies every 3 years,
- DHPP every 3 years,
- We strongly recommend but not require Heart worm test yearly and preventative every month.
- We also strongly recommend flea and tick preventative.
- All dogs must be able to play nice with others in a group setting.
- Temperament tests are required prior to daycare and boarding and will ensure your dog’s ability to play during their stay. The test is a 5-10 minute meet and greet with another dog, away from the owners. Tests are done 7 days a week from 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm. No appointment is needed. All temperament tests are free of charge.
Please note the following requirements for puppies
- Puppies must be at least 10 weeks of age and have at least a series of two DHPP vaccines. These vaccines are usually given every 3 weeks until puppies reach 16-18 weeks.
- Bordetella Vaccine for Kennel cough. Bordetella can be given like nose drops as an intranasal vaccine, as an oral vaccine squirted in the mouth or as a regular injectable vaccine. If receiving the injectable vaccine, puppies are required to complete the series of 2 prior to starting at Lucky Dog.
- Negative Stool sample
- Other vaccine series like Lepto and Influenza can be started after 12 weeks.
- Rabies vaccines can be given after 16 weeks and are required by 6 months.
- The most veterinarian recommended optimal time to socialize a puppy is between 8-12 weeks. It becomes more difficult with each week after that. Daycare helps shy & submissive dogs by building their confidence. Daycare also helps rambunctious puppies get tired by releasing pent up energy. At Lucky Dog puppies may start to attend daycare or boarding as early as 10 weeks of age as long as they have had 2 DHPP vaccines, a Bordetella vaccine, to help prevent Kennel Cough, and a negative fecal check. Our other vaccine requirements like Lepto, Influenza and Rabies are dependent upon the age and size of each puppy. Start your puppy early, help them grow up to become a confident and friendly canine companion.
Please note the following requirements for cats
- All cats older than 7 months are required to be spay or neutered.
- All vaccinations must be current-age appropriate including:
- FDRC-every 3 years
- Rabies every 3 years
- Negative Stool Test-required EVERY 6 months
- Negative Feline Leukemia/Feline AIDS Test
- We also strongly recommend flea and tick preventative.
Because we have experienced veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants on staff, we are able to provide any medical services needed while your pet stays with us. This includes, but is not limited to, oral & topical medications, injections, SQ fluids, prescription baths and more. Please inform us of any needed medications or health issues so we may provide your pet with the utmost quality care they deserve. As always, there is no additional charge for these special services.
To ensure that your pet’s dietary requirements are met, we strongly recommend that you bring their own food while boarding overnight. If you do not bring their own food we can provide a premium house diet for both dogs and cats.
Please inform us if your pet has a food allergy. If your pet is on a prescription diet or more comfortable eating a raw or homemade diet we are more than happy to prepare it as long as you provide it for us. We have a full kitchen on site and can prepare, cook, freeze or refrigerate whatever ingredients needed. As always, there is no additional charge for these special services.
Pets staying overnight usually need a reservation. Please contact us ahead of your intended stay to be sure we have openings.
If your pet is staying over night for the first time, please print & fill out our enrollment form listed below. Prior to boarding, the completed enrollment form, and proof of our required vaccinations from your veterinarian must be either brought in, emailed or faxed. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org and our fax number is 734-261-8245.
Luxury Dog Boarding
1 Dog – $37 per night
2 Dogs – same family/sharing a room – $55 per night
3 Dogs – same family/sharing a room – $75 per night
4 Dogs – same family/sharing a room – $91 per night
Luxury Cat Boarding
1 Cat-$27 per night
2 Cats-same family/sharing a room-$40 per night
3 Cats-same family/sharing a room-$53 per night
Cats are not caged but in their own 10 x 10 room.
- Download our Enrollment Form (.pdf)